Central Food Retail Co., Ltd., Central FamilyMart Co., Ltd. and Central & Matsumoto Kiyoshi Co., Ltd. (collectively, referred to as “we”, “our” or “us”) recognizes the importance of the protection of personal data for you of our products and services. We know you care how information about you is collected, used, disclosed, and transferred outside of Thailand. The information you share with us allows us to provide the products and services you need and want appropriately tailored for you, not only from us, but also those within Central Group's data ecosystem. We appreciate your trust that we will carefully and sensibly handle your personal data while giving you the very best personalized experience and customer services.
1. What Personal Data we collect
We may collect or obtain the following types of information which may include your Personal Data directly or indirectly from you or other sources or through our affiliates, subsidiaries, business partners or other companies. The specific type of Personal Data collected will depend on the context of your interactions with us, and the services or products you need or want from us and companies in Central Group's data ecosystem.
1.1. Personal details
1.2. Contact details
1.3. Membership details
1.4. Financial details
1.5. Transaction details
1.6. Technical details
1.7. Behaviour details, such as information about your purchasing behavior and data supplied through the use of our products and services;
1.8. Profile details
1.9. Usage details
1.10. Marketing and communication details
We will only collect, use, or disclose sensitive data on the basis of your explicit consent or where permitted by law.
We only collect the information of children, quasi-incompetent persons, and incompetent persons where their parent or guardian has given their consent. We do not knowingly collect information from customers under the age of 20 without their parental consent when it is required, or from quasi-incompetent persons and incompetent persons without their legal guardian's consent. In the event we learn that we have unintentionally collected personal information from anyone under the age of 20 without parental consent when it is required, or from quasi-incompetent persons and incompetent persons without their legal guardians, we will delete it immediately or process only if we can rely on other legal bases apart from consent.
2. Why we collect, use or disclose your Personal Data
2.1. The purpose for which your consent would be required
Marketing and Communications: We collect, use and disclose your Personal Data to provide privileges and promotions, discounts, special offers, advertisements, notices, news, information and any marketing and communications about the products and services from us, Central Group, our affiliates, subsidiaries and business partners which we cannot rely on other legal bases
2.2. The purposes we may rely on and other legal grounds for processing your Personal Data
We may also rely on (1) contractual basis, for our initiation or fulfilment of a contract with you; (2) legal obligation, for the fulfilment of the legal obligations; (3) legitimate interest, for the purpose of our legitimate interests and the legitimate interests of third parties; (4) vital interest, for preventing or suppressing a danger to a person’s life, body, or health; and/or (5) public interest, for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or for the exercising of official authorities.
We may collect, use and disclose your Personal Data for the following purpose
1) To provide products and services to you: To enter into a contract and manage our contractual relationship with you; to support and perform other activities related to such services or products; to complete and manage bookings and to carry out financial transaction and services related to the payments including transaction checks, verification, and cancellation; to process your orders, delivery, and collections and returns; refund and exchange of products or services; to provide updates and on the delivery of the products, and to perform warehouse internal activities, including picking, packing, and labelling of packages; to verify warranty period; to provide aftersales services, including maintenance and facility reservation;
2) Marketing and Communications
3) Promotions, special offer, loyalty programs, reward programs
4) Registration and Authentication: To register, verify, prove, affirm, identify, and/or authenticate you or your identity;
5) To manage our relationship with you
6) Personalization, profiling and data analytics
7) To improve business operations, products, and services
8) To learn more about you
9) Functioning of the sites
10) IT Management
11) Compliance with regulatory and compliance obligations
12) Protection of our interests
13) Fraud detection
14) Corporate transaction: in the event of sale, transfer, merger, reorganization, or similar event we may transfer your Personal Data to one or more third parties as part of that transaction;
15) Risks: To perform risk management, audit performance, and risk assessments; and/or
16) Life: To prevent or suppress a danger to a person’s life, body, or health.
If you fail to provide your Personal Data when requested, we may not be able to provide our products and services to you.
3. To whom we may disclose or transfer your Personal Data
3.1. The company within Central Group's data ecosystem
3.2. Our service providers
We may use other companies, agents or contractors to perform services on behalf or to assist with the provision of products and services to you. We may share your Personal Data to our service providers or third-party suppliers including, but not limited to (1) infrastructure, internet, infrastructure technical, software and website, and IT service providers; (2) warehouse and logistic service providers; (3) payment service providers; (4) research agencies; (5) analytics service providers; (6) survey agencies; (7) auditors; (8) marketing, advertising media, and communications agencies; (9) call center; (10) campaign and event organizers; (11) sale representative agencies; (12) telecommunications and communication service providers; (13) payment, payment system, authentication, and dip chip service providers and agents; (14) outsourced administrative service providers; (15) data storage and cloud service providers; (16) verifying and data checking (Netbay and Department of Provincial Administration) service providers; (17) dispatchers; and/or (18) printing service providers.
In the course of providing such services, the service providers may have access to your Personal Data. However, we will only provide our service providers with the Personal Data that is necessary for them to perform the services, and we ask them not to use your information for any other purposes.
3.3. Our business partners
3.4. Social networking sites
We allow you to login on our sites and platforms without the need to fill out a form. If you log in using the social network login system, you explicitly authorize us to access and store public data on your social network accounts (e.g. Facebook, Google, Instagram), as well as other data mentioned during use of such social network login system. In addition, we may also communicate your email address to social networks in order to identify whether you are already a user of the concerned social network and in order to post personalized, relevant adverts on your social network account if appropriate.
3.5. Third parties required by law
In certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose or share your Personal Data in order to comply with a legal or regulatory obligations. This includes any law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority or other third party where we believe it is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise to protect our rights, the rights of any third party or individuals’ personal safety, or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or safety issues.
3.6. Professional advisors
This includes lawyers, technicians and auditors who assist in running our business, and defending or bringing any legal claims.
We may transfer your Personal Data to other member associations, such as Thailand E-Payment Association (TEPA), Electronic Transactions Development Agency (ETDA), the Association of Confederation of Consumer Organization, Thailand (ACCOT), Foundation for consumers, the Thai Chamber of Commerce, Thai E-Commerce Association, Thai Retailers Association, Thai Shopping Center Association and the Ratchaprasong Intersection Group.
3.8 Assignee of rights and/or obligations
4. International transfers of your Personal Data
We may disclose or transfer your Personal Data to third parties or servers located overseas, which the destination countries may or may not have the same equivalent level of protection for Personal Data protection standards. We take steps and measures to ensure that your Personal Data is securely transferred and that the receiving parties have in place an appropriate level of protection standards or other derogations as allowed by laws. We will request your consent where consent to cross-border transfer is required by law.
5. How long do we keep your Personal Data
We retain your Personal Data for as long as is reasonably necessary to fulfil purpose for which we obtained it, and to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations. However, we may have to retain your Personal Data for a longer duration, as required by applicable law.
6. Security of your Personal Data
The Company recognizes the importance of maintaining the security of your Personal Data. Therefore, the Company endeavours to protect your information by establishing security measures for your Personal Data appropriately and in accordance with the confidentiality safeguard of Personal Data, to prevent loss, unauthorized or unlawful access, destruction, use, alteration, rectification or disclosure; provided, however, that the Company will ensure that the method of collecting, storing and processing of your Personal Data, including physical safety measures follow the information technology security policies and guidelines of the Company.
7. Cookies and how they are used
If you visit our websites, we will gather certain information automatically from you by using cookies.
Cookies are small pieces of information or text issued to your computer when you visit a website and are used to store or track information about your use of a website and used in analyzing trends, administering our websites, tracking users’ movements around the websites, or to remember users’ settings. Some cookies are strictly necessary because otherwise the site is unable to function properly. Other Cookies allow us to enhance your browsing experience, tailor content to your preferences, and make your interactions with the site more convenient: they remember your username in a secure way, as well as your language preferences.
Most Internet browsers allow you to decide whether or not to accept cookies. If you reject, remove or block Cookies can affect your user experience and without cookies, your ability to use some or all of the features or areas of our websites may be limited.
In addition, some third parties may issue Cookies through our websites to serve ads that are relevant to your interests based on your browsing activities. These third parties may also collect your browser history or other information to determine how you reached our websites and the pages you visit when you leave our websites. Information gathered through these automated means may be associated with the Personal Data you previously submitted on our website.
8. Your rights as a data subject
Subject to applicable laws and exceptions thereof, you may have the following rights to:
1) Access: You may have the right to access or request a copy of the Personal Data we are collecting, using or disclosing about you. For your own privacy and security, we may require you to prove your identity before providing the requested information to you.
2) Rectification: You may have the right to have incomplete, inaccurate, misleading, or or not up-to-date Personal Data that we collect, use or disclose about you rectified.
3) Data Portability: You may have the right to obtain Personal Data we hold about you, in a structured, electronic format, and to send or transfer such data to another data controller, where this is (a) Personal Data which you have provided to us, and (b) in the case where we are collecting, using or disclosing such data on the basis of your consent or to perform a contract with you.
4) Objection: You may have the right to object to certain collection, use or disclosure of your Personal Data such as objecting to direct marketing.
5) Restriction: You may have the right to restrict the use of your Personal Data in certain circumstances.
6) Withdraw Consent: For the purposes you have consented to our collecting, using or disclosing of your Personal Data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
7) Deletion: You may have the right to request that we delete or de-identity Personal Data that we collect, use or disclose about you, except we are not obligated to do so if we need to retain such data in order to comply with a legal obligation or to establish, exercise, or defend legal claims.
8) Lodge a complaint: You may have the right to lodge a complaint to the competent authority where you believe our collection, use or disclosure of your Personal Data is unlawful or noncompliant with applicable data protection law.
9. Our Contact Details
1) Central Food Retail Co., Ltd., Central FamilyMart Co., Ltd. and Central & Matsumoto Kiyoshi Co., Ltd.
· Customer Service Department
99/9, Central Plaza Cheangwattana Office Tower Building, Moo 2, Cheangwattana Road, Bangtalad Sub-District, Pak Kret District, Nonthaburi 11120
email@example.com Tel. 02-660-1000
2) Data Protection Office, Central Group
22 Soi Somkid Ploenchit Road, Lumpini, Pathumwan, Bangkok, 10330 Thailand